Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Blog Ever - bear with me

Okay, so it's actually kind of my second blog since I inadvertantly erased the first one. Ooops. Maybe this is just "too hard for me" (Lisa, you're the only one that's going to get that).

Well, do to popular demand (and a supreme distaste for mass, impersonal emails), I have decided to become a blogger as I set off to do a little globetrotting over the next year. Hopefully I will be a little more faithful with this than I was with facebook so that those of you who are interested can check out what I'll be up to.

For those of you who don't know the details, I'll be moving to England on Thursday, August 28th to spend a year teaching and travelling. I'll be living and teaching in an area of Greater London - teaching in Hornchurch, living in Upminster. I'll put my address below so that those of you who are more inclined to doing things old school can send me a letter or some Kraft Dinner (apparantly they don't have it over there!!!!!) However, I understand if you prefer to email, facebook, etc. I don't have a phone number yet, but as soon as I do I'll let you know...just don't forget that I'll be living seven hours into the future so if you call me at 6:30pm I'll probably be sleeping. So, as promised here's my address:
41 Limerick Gardens
Cranham, Upminster, Essex
RM14 1HZ England

Well, I'm rather overwhelmed right now both with the speed with which everything happened, to the great emotion I feel both in terms of sadness for leaving family and friends whom I love dearly, and exitement towards this new endeavor. As my departure date draws nearer and nearer, I find that this all becomes more and more real and though I am sure I'm doing the right thing for me, I sure am sad about all I'll miss here in Canada. So, for those of you who are taking the time to read this and future posts please let me know what's going on here at home.

Well, that's getting too emotional for me right now...So, stay tuned for future posts. Hopefully I'll be exciting enough not to get cancelled within the first few months:)

Blog to you soon,
Lots of Love,
Heather

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Have an awesome time. I am slightly jealous!