Well, it is the day of my departure. However, I had anticipated being in Calgary right now trying to figure out what to do with 7 hours to kill. Problem solved!! I decided to pass the time in Saskatoon!!! That's right, I'm still in Saskatoon. So, before I tell you all my story I would like to send out the sincerest of apologies to my good friends Robyn and Kevin who woke up early this morning to say farewell at the airport. You could have slept in;)
So, here's my story:
I have been organizing my packing for several days now - those of you who know me will not be the least bit suprised by that - and last night I finally zippered up all my bags despite the fact that they were obesely overweight (I know, that's a little redundant). Well, Robyn, Chanty, and Candice came over for some good-bye drinks and chatting, later joined by Lisa and Pete. We were at there home after all. Then, as was bound to happen, the night drew to a close and I said goodbye to the dearest, most special friends a person could ask for, so understandably I was a little distracted, not to mention the looming good-byes I had to make to my family in the morning. So in this distracted state Pete asked me if I had made photocopies of my passport and visa. "I left the numbers with my address and a copy of my health insurance on the kitchen table."
Pete, being the good, protective, brotherly type, convinced me that it was better to scan them and email them to him so that I had a hard copy of some sort back in Canada. So, to appease his worrisome side I obliged. In fact, I did him one better and left my passport in the scanner as I made my way out the door at 5:00am this morning.
Now you may be asking yourself, "Heather, when did you realize this horrific mistake?!" Well friends, fate has it's ways. Being the paranoid that I am, when they asked to see photo id along with my boarding pass I grabbed my wallet with my driver's license and was ready to go. But, everyone else had there passports, so I figured I might as well use that too. That was when my fondness for my brother-in-law was put to its biggest test. However, he rushed to the airport, passport in hand, only moments too late. The funny thing is that if I had used my driver's license I would not have realized the mistake until Calgary. Can you say "SOL."
So I went and had breakfast with dad, and will finally board the plan in about 30min.
Hopefully this will be the only glitch, and, if anything, I will always remember to double check for my passport in all future travels.
I'll write when I get to London,
Lots of love and I miss you already,
Heather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice work Braun!! You owe me big for getting my ass out of bed at 5:00am when i didn't have too.
I think that anyone reading your blog might feel you had some distaste for your brother-in-law in regards to YOU FORGETTING YOUR PASSPORT. I think that we should have an online pole.
Here is the question:
If you were leaving on a one year holiday/work, knowing that England is a civilized country with stores, what is the one thing that you would double check for when you left the house for the airport?
Post a Comment