Friday, September 12, 2008

A Little Quiz

So, my first full week is over and so far things are going well. The students are starting to settle down, I've only had to dole out a few detentions. For the most part though, they're really just like any other kids. They even make marking interesting. See if you can complete this analogy:
eyes :: sight as nose : ____________?
Any quesses?? Chances are that you probably got this one right. Well, I had one boy in my class answer this with pick!! That's right, eyes are to sight as nose is to pick. I'm not sure if he was "havin' a laugh" (as they say it over here), or if he really thought that was the answer!? Either way, pretty funny and worth a good laugh in the faculty room.

Other than that not too much exciting this week. I'll probably go to London tomorrow, though my feet are kind of sore and blistered - I walk about 1.5 miles to school and back every day - and I'm really looking forward to sleeping in one day, and Sunday seems so far a way. Good news is I have lots of time for that.

Talk to you all again soon and sorry Chanty that this update took so long. I'll try to do better in the future.

Heather

2 comments:

Sue said...

That is hilarious! Kids are kids wherever you go I guess.
Sorry to hear about your poor feet. Hope they get better soon. Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

Ya i'm in the same boat. I check your blog like 4 times a day, and when i don't see any updates i am sad. :(